Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting to know MegBee Baby

www.megbeebaby.com is a new online baby store. The name comes from…well, my name (Megan B-for Balsmeier…yes that is my last name and I spelled it correctly). Thus “MegBee” is sort of a nickname of mine. It’s also an acronym. Modern (M) Economical (E) Green (G). I’m sure you appreciated the parentheses to specify the obvious! I know I could have bolded the letters but just wanted to be clear ;) The “bee” part also comes from the nickname I gave our first baby that we lost; our little baby bee (again Baby B-for Balsmeier). As you can tell I’m just a down to earth young adult with a strong like for cute baby stuff. However, I also value being a professional business owner and providing top notch customer service. We care about our customers and we’re always excited to share our finds with you and your babies!

At MegBee baby, we’re pleased to offer our customers unique, quality baby items at affordable prices. As Chief Executive Manager (sounds fancy I know…I made it up myself) I work with our wonderful customers. I'm also responsible for product selection, research, and writing of descriptions. My husband is my business partner and handles the technical and financial "stuff." It's a lot of fun offering parents "modern, economical, & green" baby products. I also enjoy staying current with the latest and greatest products. The most important qualities I look for in baby supplies are: quality, affordability, and safety.

At MegBee Baby, we also feature cloth diapers. I have to admit...I never thought I'd be interested in using cloth diapers. Seriously never crossed my mind! I was introduced to cloth diapering because a baby that I watch is cloth diapered. The funny thing is…I don’t actually have a baby. I know, I know…seems kind of strange to have a baby store and to be cloth diaper savvy without one. We’ve been through two miscarriages, as I mentioned a bit about earlier. This kind of explains how I got into the baby biz. I tend to nest early…super early. I’ve read hundreds of reviews on baby bottles, diapers; you name it…even after losing the babies. Perhaps it’s a unique coping mechanism?

Having the best baby stuff makes life easier. That’s why I love what I do. I just really enjoy bringing “the goods” to proud parents like you!

On this blog I hope to enlighten my readers with reviews, tutorials, pictures, cloth diapering info…and so on. I hope you find this information helpful. We’ll also be doing giveaway contests so keep checking with us and feel free to leave comments!


Yup, that's where we store our inventory. The empty square on the top left is now filled with Bamboo Baby one size all in one cloth diapers. Why do I share this? Because everyone is dying to know what belongs in the empty square! Just kidding, the Bamboo Baby Diaper is now stocked and will be my first review. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had this blog. I want that shelf. Not sure what I'd put on it, but I want it. I'll add this to my google reader now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah it's a good shelf. We got it at IKEA. It had minor damage on the back where you don't even see it so it had a great discount too :D Oh and the blog is new.

    ReplyDelete